Join Our Team!
We are always looking for creative and passionate people who want to share their skills and knowledge. If you can teach a language, an art form, a cuisines or leisure pursuit we'd love to hear from you!
Email your resume and a lesson plan to
Expression of Interest for VET Trainers
Tamworth Community College (TCC) is seeking individuals with relevant vocational competencies and current industry experience and knowledge to join our team of sessional trainers.
About The Role:
Your role as a trainer at TCC is to deliver quality educational programs and facilitate learning that enriches and transforms lives.
The role involves a broad range of activities that directly and indirectly support learning through the delivery of vocational education and training. These activities may include:
- Providing appropriate variety and flexibility in educational practice;
- Undertaking assessment and evaluation of learning outcomes;
- Maintaining and developing professional relevance and expertise in educational and technical disciplines;
- Contributing to decision making that affects the learning environment;
- Liaising with local industry, other educational providers and the community to ensure that education and training are relevant and responsive to needs;
- Complying with appropriate legislative requirements, organisational policies and promoting the principles of occupational health and safety, ethical practice and equal opportunity in a culturally diverse society;
- Participating cooperatively in the development and implementation of agreed quality improvement processes by reflecting on the experience, their performance and evaluation of processes and program outcomes.
- Relevant degree, diploma or other vocational qualification. The vocational competencies must be at least at the level of the competencies being delivered and/or assessed.
- Hold the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or a diploma or higher-level qualification in adult education.
- A minimum of three years (post qualification) relevant and current industry experience in the environment where the skills and knowledge of this qualification have been applied, at least part of which was gained within the last 18 months.
- Comprehensive current knowledge of the industry and job roles and a strong understanding of current trends and diversity within the industry.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining professional currency.
- Demonstrated enthusiastic and engaging training ability in an adult environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service.
- Demonstrated commitment to ASQA compliance and other applicable standards and legislation.
- Demonstrated organisational skills applicable to an educational setting.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your interest and addressing the essential criteria to
The TCC Board are seeking to appoint new members to volunteer their skills and enthusiasm to the strategic direction of our dynamic, innovative organisation, as we deliver nationally accredited training and lifestyle courses to our community.
The role is an unpaid voluntary position, for a term of 3 years (term may be renewed).
Board meetings are held weekday afternoons in Tamworth, with board members expected to attend at least six meetings per year. Applicants should have an interest in adult education and the desire to participate in the life of the organisation between board meetings, acting in an ambassadorial role.
Tamworth Community College promotes diversity and equal opportunity and is committed to a diverse operating environment.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
For further information on this position, please contact the College on 02 6763 0630 or email us at:
Tamworth Community College is one of Australia’s leading Registered Training Organisations (RTO) committed to training the best adult educators in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector. We are seeking an experienced, professional trainer/assessor to teach the high demand TAE40116 Cert IV in Training and Assessment at our Tamworth campus.
- TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training or
- TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development or
- A higher-level qualification in Adult Education
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or willingness to upgrade from older qualification)
- At least 3 years experience in delivering Training and Assessment (TAE) qualifications
- Strong commitment to maintaining professional currency through participation in professional development workshops.
- Strong organisational and time management skills and a demonstrated commitment to student support
Forward your cover letter, resume and certified copies of qualifications to
Please note, only applicants who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.