The term ‘non-suicidal self-injury’ (NSSI) describes a behaviour where a person deliberately or purposefully hurts themselves. It is used to refer to self-injury that is not intended to result in death.
This course teaches students how to help someone who is engaging in self-injury. You will cover:
- Why people engage in self-injury
- How to talk to someone about their self-injury
- How to help the person stay safe
- How to connect someone to appropriate professional help
- How to assess for suicidal thoughts and behaviours
Delivered by Mental Health First Aid qualified instructors in a supportive and collaborative learning environment, expect to take away valuable skills and knowledge that may support you in the workplace, your community and beyond.
Contact our team to express your interest.