COVID-19 CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The following information, effective immediately, outlines the conditions of entry and procedures all students, visitors and staff must follow whilst attending Tamworth Community College (TCC) to ensure their health and safety and that of others, through minimisation of the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Conditions for Exclusion
Students, visitors and staff are not permitted to enter Tamworth Community College if they:
- are experiencing any of the following symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath, fever, loss of taste, loss of smell, diarrhea, conjunctivitis, headache, myalgia/arthralgia (muscle/joint pain), a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes);
- have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (during the period of time in which the virus is contagious);
- are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19;
- should be self-isolating;
- have visited any locations and local government areas (LGAs) that have been classified by NSW Health for action (hotspot) in the last 14 days; https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates#latest-covid-19-case-locations-in-nsw
- have visited Victoria in the last 14 days.
Conditions of Entry
Students, visitors and staff who are not subject to any of the above conditions for exclusion must be willing and able to agree to the following requirements to:
- sanitise their hands immediately with the supplied sanitiser or an alternate alcohol-based hand sanitiser with at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol (onus of proof rests upon you to prove it meets the required alcohol content) upon entry to TCC;
- be subject to a mandatory temperature check when they enter the building. Student’s and visitor’s temperature will be checked by TCC staff upon entry with an infrared non-contact forehead thermometer. Anyone presenting with an abnormal body temperature of 38°C or above will be denied entry and advised to seek medical advice;
- leave the site immediately if they become unwell, after notifying a staff member;
- at all times, maintain social distancing measures (as per the NSW Health guidelines);
- maintain good personal hand hygiene by washing their hands regularly and thoroughly and/or using an alcohol-based hand sanitiser (as per the NSW Health guidelines);
- maintain good respiratory hygiene by coughing or sneezing into their elbow or a tissue, and then disposing of tissues immediately;
- provide TCC with their name and contact details (mobile and/or email) and consent to TCC providing their name and contact details to the NSW Department of Health or any other third-party government department, as required to enable COVID-19 contact tracing procedures. These records are stored confidentially and securely, and will be destroyed securely after 28 days.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the steps we are taking to protect our students and team, you can contact us on 02 6763 0630 or at