10 Reasons Why Community Colleges Stand Out
- We listen to our students, employers and stakeholders.
- We prioritise community development to meet local community social and economic needs.
- We are independent organisations with autonomous governance structures, based in local communities and working effectively with local stakeholders.
- We are linked through a powerful network through their peak organisation, Community Colleges Australia.
- We are agile and flexible, able to respond quickly to changing individual and community needs, developing local programs that address local challenges.
- We have developed efficient business models.
- We are not-for-profit organisations, unencumbered by the need to produce profit for investors, resulting in a student-centred approach to learning.
- We are familiar with reinventing ourselves, we are responsive and engaged in an ongoing process of performance improvement.
- We understand how to work collaboratively with the NSW Government in achieving education, training and employment goals giving eligible local students access to funded training.
- We frequently work with other government bodies, state, local and Commonwealth, and with not-for-profit, business, industry and other community stakeholders.
Community Colleges Australia (2018), The Role of New South Wales Community Education Providers in Regional and Rural Economic Development, 25 January 2018, Sydney: Community Colleges Australia. Available at www.cca.edu.au.