SMART AND SKILLED
Tamworth Community College is an approved Smart and Skilled Training Provider.
Smart and Skilled is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) system. It's helping people in NSW get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- an entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
An individual may be eligible for government subsidised training if they are:
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder,
- and aged 15 years or older,
- and live or work in New South Wales
Concessions and exemptions will be retained for Aboriginal people, students with a disability and welfare recipients. In addition, providers will get extra funding support for higher cost training in regional and remote areas and for disadvantaged students. This will ensure that all individuals can access high quality training.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government. For more information visit:
Smart and Skilled Policies
- Access and Equity Policy - Smart and Skilled
- Consumer Protection Policy - Smart and Skilled
Consumer Protection Information
Tamworth Community College Consumer Protection Officer contact details:
Name: Jade Vermeer, Acting Chief Executive Officer
Address: 175 Peel Street, Tamworth, NSW 2340
Phone: (02) 6763 0630