The term ‘non-suicidal self-injury’ (NSSI) describes a behaviour where a person deliberately or purposefully hurts themselves. It is used to refer to self-injury that is not intended to result in death.
This course teaches students how to help someone who is engaging in self-injury. You will cover:
- Why people engage in self-injury
- How to talk to someone about their self-injury
- How to help the person stay safe
- How to connect someone to appropriate professional help
- How to assess for suicidal thoughts and behaviours
Delivered by Mental Health First Aid qualified instructors in a supportive and collaborative learning environment, expect to take away valuable skills and knowledge that may support you in the workplace, your community and beyond.